A Police Headquarters Struck in Central Gaza City
Eleven Palestinians were killed on Wednesday, nine of them in an Israeli airstrike that targeted a civil police headquarters in central Gaza City, with more than 15 others wounded in a series of Israeli strikes, shelling, and gunfire across scattered areas of the Strip, as part of the continued Israeli violations of the ceasefire agreement. A source in emergency and ambulance services said nine people were killed and 15 wounded in the strike on the police headquarters near the municipal park in the city center. The General Directorate of Police said Israeli warplanes had targeted the municipal police headquarters in Gaza governorate, resulting in many deaths and injuries. At the same time, Gaza’s Interior and National Security Ministry described the strike as a new, brutal massacre committed against officers and members of the civil police force.
A Motorcycle Struck in Nuseirat, the Fifth Brother Lost
Earlier the same day, one person was killed and others wounded in an Israeli airstrike that targeted a motorcycle near Camp 2, south of the Nuseirat refugee camp in central Gaza. Local sources identified the victim as Sobhi Sami Shahtout, noting he was the fifth of his brothers to be killed since the start of Israel’s war on Gaza. In southern Gaza, a Palestinian was wounded by Israeli military gunfire in central Khan Younis, as Israeli military vehicles fired intensely toward the northeastern part of the city.
Health Ministry: 7 More Killed, 23 Wounded in 24 Hours
Separately, Gaza’s Health Ministry reported that seven more Palestinians were killed and 23 others wounded in strikes reaching hospitals across the Strip over the same 24-hour period. The ministry said several victims remain trapped beneath rubble and in the streets, with ambulance and civil defense crews still unable to reach and recover them. Among those confirmed dead was Musab Madi, who died of severe wounds sustained in an earlier Israeli strike on Gaza port on Tuesday, raising the death toll from that strike alone to seven, alongside 14 wounded. Israeli naval vessels separately shelled areas off the coast of Khan Younis, as gunfire from Israeli military vehicles continued intermittently east of the city.
Since the ceasefire took effect on October 11 of last year, the cumulative death toll has climbed to 1,273 Palestinians killed, with 4,223 wounded and 813 bodies recovered from rubble. The overall toll from Israel’s war on Gaza since October 7, 2023 has now reached 73,407 killed and 174,335 wounded — figures that continue to climb nearly ten months after the truce was meant to end major hostilities, with police and civil institutions increasingly among the targets of continued Israeli strikes.

